Whether you own or lease commercial or residential property, a Cost Segregation Study is an IRS-sanctioned strategy that can significantly increase the return on your investment. This involves an engineering study for the purpose of identifying costs that can be depreciated much quicker than the 39 year slow-straight line method. IRS regulations provide for the use of shorter lives and accelerated depreciation methods for certain improvements made to commercial buildings as a result of these studies. RKC’s cost segregation experts can review your real estate investment and advise you on the advantages of cost segregation to achieve the highest income potential.
What Qualifies for Cost Segregation?
Properties that qualify for Cost Segregation Studies include commercial or residential real estate used in business or for rental. Whether you have owned the property for years or are in the process of planning a new project, you may benefit from these tax strategies.
- Existing buildings undergoing renovations, remodeling, restoration, or expansion
- New buildings presently under construction
- Office/facility leasehold improvements and buildouts
- Pre-construction planning
- Properties purchased years ago that have not undergone a Cost Segregation Study
- Purchase of existing properties
Have questions about cost segregation studies? Please contact us. To directly connect with one of our qualified professionals at 954.680.6114.